Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Jounrnal Entry 1

Describe the situation that made you feel a need to respond in writing.
Why did you decide to respond in writing instead of taking some other action or not responding at all?
What type or genre of writing did you use to communicate your purpose, and why did you choose this genre?
Who was your audience and what kind of relationship did you want to establish with your readers?
What was your purpose in writing? Did you feel you accomplished this purpose?
What knowledge of the context and culture did you draw on to guide your writing?
How is thinking about your writing as responding to a “rhetorical situation” different from other ways to think about the writing you do?

Answers ::

The teacher had my class read a book and do a report on it for a midterm grade so that is why i had to respond to the reading i did in writting for a grade.

Writting is the best form for me because it helps me get all my thoughts and feelings on paper so i dont know miss what i am thinking about at that exact time. It helps get all my toughts organized. when you discuss something with another person you tend to take on their opinion as well as yours when you are writting its one view, your own view.

The type or writting i use was opinion writting. i used it to show how i felt about the book i just read and it showed my point of view not in a possessive way just in a way of expressiing my views.

My audience was my teacher and i wanted a friendly coffee talk in my writting. I didnt want to write anything to stern that it would throw off my view or make it unthinkingable to other people reading the book. My objection was get the point of how i felt about the characters and the situation they were placed in by the author.

My purpose was to show my teacher i had well understanding of what happened in the book and what the characters went through durring the chapters. I feel that i did accomplish my goal in making my teacher understand my point of view and my feelings towards the characters.

I drew onto the culture of poverty and starvation. It made me get into the authors head and really understand the pain the characters went through each day of their lives.

The rehitorical thinking for me is differnt i have never written that way before so when i did now it changed my opionion and view. Itg made it more structure rather than a free writting with ni purpose or thoughts.

No comments: